OPI GelColor - Rainbows A Go Go 0.5oz.
Size: 0.5 Fl. oz. | 15 ml.
Shade: Pause for the perfect pick-me-up purple gel nail polish shade for anyone on the go-go!
What Are Gel Nails? Our 3 Favorite Benefits of Gel Nail Polish
We’re putting it out there: When it comes to gel nail polish, we think our GelColor is simply the best. Better than all the rest. Yes, we’re as bold as our lineup of color choices. With up to 3 weeks of long-lasting wear and intense shine, we’re confident it will change your nail game—but we also want to make sure you have all the info you need to make the best decision for your manicure look. Read on below to find answers to common questions like What are gel nails? What is gel nail polish? and What are the benefits of gel nails?
“What are gel nails?” is a common question we hear from the uninitiated. Here’s the lowdown on gel nail polish and OPI GelColor:
OPI’s gel nail polish is officially called “GelColor Soak-off Gel Lacquer” and in short, a gel manicure is a coat of colored gel that looks deceptively similar to nail polish. It's a thin brush-on formula, designed for high performance and a glossier finish regular nail polish. When it comes to the question of "How long do gel nails last?" In fact, an OPI GelColor manicure lasts for up to 3 weeks.
Simple enough, right? But what makes gel nail polish different than a typical manicure—or rather, what makes an OPI GelColor manicure different than one created with another of OPI’s lacquers?
What is a Gel Manicure?
Can gel nail polish be cured without a UV light? The primary difference between gel nails and a regular manicure is curing:
Between each coat, you cure the color and set the gel nail polish by putting your nails under a special LED light.
HOW TO APPLY GEL NAIL POLISH?
- If you’re wearing polish already, it will be removed.
- Nails are trimmed, if needed, and shaped with a file. Pick out your favorite nail shape ahead of time!
- Cuticles are pushed back or trimmed and nails are buffed then cleaned; you may be asked to wash your hands.
- A nail primer like OPI Bond Aid is applied which brings the surface of the natural nail to the proper pH for optimum adhesion, and a bonding base coat is applied. Finishing the preparation to the nail for long-lasting coverage.
- Nails are cured under an LED light.
- Coats of lacquer and time curing under the LED light alternate until topcoat is applied and cured.
- Nails are wiped with an alcohol wipe; you may receive a hand and wrist massage as well!
- The colors on the website were designed to come as close to the true color of the polish as possible. Because of monitor settings, we can’t guarantee an exact color match. These colors are made to be a representation of the true color.